The Mennonite New Life Centre of Toronto, in partnership with community-based mental health and settlement organizations, is pleased to announce the launch of a unique bridge training program designed for internationally-trained psychologists and allied mental health professionals. Pathways to Employment in Canadian Mental Health is a program that integrates academic training for mental health practice in Ontario, occupation specific language and workplace communication, and supervised clinical training that provides meaningful Canadian work experience. This innovative project combines the requirements of employers seeking skilled staff and the desire of internationally educated professionals seeking a rapid and effective integration into Canadian workplaces.Specific program components include, but are not limited to:
- 160 hours of mental health instruction + 66 hours certificate program
- 200 hours of occupation specific communication training
- 450 hours of supervised clinical training
- Clinical seminars, facilitated by qualified and experienced clinical practitioners, to support application of learning to practice
- Employment counselling and workshops, tailored to the mental health professions
- Mental Health Internship Fair
Mental health instruction and certificates are offered in partnership with TAPE Educational Services. TAPE training is certified and approved by the Academy of Cognitive Therapy, the Canadian Addiction Professionals Association, the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association and the Association of Social Work Boards.